Silver Airways to Launch Service From Columbia Metropolitan Airport
Wednesday, October 21st, 2020
Silver Airways, America’s leading independent regional airline, today announced new safe, reliable and customer-focused service with nonstop flights between Columbia, South Carolina and three of Florida’s most preferred destinations.
- Orlando – Columbia:
- Nonstop service twice weekly to Orlando International Airport
- The only nonstop travel option between Columbia and Orlando area with attractions including the Orlando area theme parks, NASA and the Space Coast, and beachside communities on the Atlantic coast
- Fort Lauderdale – Columbia:
- Nonstop service twice weekly
- Enhanced flight options to/from Fort Lauderdale and the South Florida area including Miami and West Palm Beach. Visit local attractions like the Florida Everglades, Las Olas Boulevard, the South Beach nightlife, and the pristine fun-filled beaches of South Florida
- Tampa – Columbia:
- Exclusive nonstop service between the Tampa Bay area and Columbia twice a week
- Visit the Florida “Suncoast” and explore local museums, theme parks, historic Ybor City or soak up the sun on the beautiful white sandy beaches on the Gulf of Mexico
- Professional sports including the Stanley Cup Champion Tampa Bay Lightning, Tom Brady and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and National League Champion Tampa Bay Rays
- Continuing same-plane service to Key West
In addition to nonstop service between Columbia and Florida, these new routes will also provide convenient and seamless connections to Silver’s extensive network throughout the Sunshine State, the Bahamas, the Caribbean, and destinations domestically and worldwide through Silver’s codeshare and interline ticketing partners. Silver also recently announced new service beginning on November 22, 2020 from Charleston, South Carolina to Orlando, Tampa, and Ft. Lauderdale.
“We are delighted to introduce Silver’s second new market in South Carolina with safe, reliable, and customer- friendly service to Columbia - ‘The Real Southern Hot Spot,’” said Steve Rossum, Chief Executive Officer of Silver Airways. “Columbia and the surrounding communities comprise a vibrant region bursting with natural beauty, historic significance, countless recreational opportunities, a growing and progressive business community, and the University of South Carolina, one of the most storied universities in the South,” added Rossum. “We are very excited to expand our presence in the Palmetto State.”
“Silver Airways is a great low-cost carrier and we’re very pleased to welcome them to CAE and the capital city,” said Executive Director, Mike Gula. “As we all work to recover from this devastating year, this airline addition supports our focus on moving forward no matter what. We will remain the strong, regional airport that we are, while getting our travelers there and back, safely and with ease.”
“With three new routes in the market, our valued passengers will have even more options to accommodate their air service needs to the Sunshine State and perhaps, even further into the Caribbean.” said Director of Marketing and Air Service Development, Kim Jamieson. “With the timing of this announcement, I really do believe that the silver lining of 2020 is actually hot pink, and we couldn’t be happier.”
To celebrate the new nonstop service, Silver is offering fares from $49* available at silverairways.com for a limited time for travel through January 31, 2021, for ticketing issued on/before November 2, 2020.
For complete details, reservations and to receive email updates on Silver’s special offers, visit silverairways.com.