17 Robinson Gray Attorneys Named ‘Best Lawyers’ for 2020; Betsy Gray and Frank Ellerbe Honored as ‘Lawyers of the Year’
Monday, August 19th, 2019
Two Robinson Gray attorneys have been named “Lawyer of the Year” in their respective areas by Best Lawyers in America. They are among 17 attorneys from the firm who have been recognized in the 2020 edition.
Member Betsy Gray is the 2020 "Lawyer of the Year" award recipient in the category of Bet-the-Company Litigation in Columbia. Member Frank Ellerbe has received the same honor for Columbia in the area of Administrative/Regulatory Law. Only a single lawyer in each practice area and community is honored with a "Lawyer of the Year" award.
Here is the full list of Robinson Gray attorneys recognized by Best Lawyers in America this year, with the areas in which they are being honored:
· Grady Beard – Workers’ Compensation Law - Employers
· Kevin Bell – Commercial Litigation and Insurance Law
· Beth Richardson – Commercial Litigation
· Frank Ellerbe – Administrative/Regulatory Law, Energy Regulatory Law, Litigation – Environmental, Litigation – Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy), and Utilities Law
· Kevin Garrison – Real Estate Law
· Betsy Gray – Bet-the-Company Litigation and Commercial Litigation
· Nick Haigler – Workers’ Compensation Law – Employers
· Will Jordan – Commercial Litigation
· Becky Laffitte – Insurance Law, Litigation – Construction, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, Product Liability Litigation – Defendants, and Transportation Law
· Bill Metzger – Banking and Finance Law, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, and Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
· Michael Montgomery – Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
· Shannon Poteat – Workers’ Compensation Law – Employers
· Kerk Spong – Real Estate Law
· Bobby Stepp – Bet-the-Company Litigation and Commercial Litigation
· Monty Todd – Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
· Rob Tyson – Commercial Litigation
· Cal Watson – Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, and Professional Malpractice Law - Defendants
Beth Richardson, Will Jordan, and Rob Tyson are new additions to Best Lawyers.