SC Crime Victim Assistance Grants–2019 Grant Solicitation Workshop
Thursday, March 14th, 2019
Attorney General Alan Wilson announces the 2019 Grant Solicition Workshop for Victims of Crime Act, Violence Against Women Act, and State Victims Assistance Grant Program grants.
The primary purposes of the workshop is:
· Advise potential applicants of the eligible areas in which they may apply (e.g., direct services to victims of crime).
· The opening and closing dates of the solicitation (March 18th and April 30th) and when the one-year grant cycle begins (October 1, 2019).
· What items or services are allowable under federal guidelines and what must be competitively bid – technical financial information
· Tips on writing compelling grant applications based on need and supported by research/data
· How to apply and navigate the new AGO Grants web-based grant application portal
WHO: There are three categories of eligible applicants: state agencies, local units of government (cities and counties), and 501 (C) (3) non-profit agencies. Individuals and private sector entities are not eligible to apply per federal grant award guidelines.
WHEN: 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Monday, March 18, 2019
WHERE: SCDJJ, Bill Rogers Community Connections Center
4900 Broad River Rd., Columbia, SC